Create a GIF video to be used as an ad on Facebook
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $400
- Entries Received: 92
- Winner: KostiDo
Footway is an Ecommerce selling shoes online through our webshop footway.com. We are experimenting with different kind of videos to use in our facebook marketing. Now we want to try the concept of GIFs.
- We want you to produce a GIF that in some way relates to shoes and buying shoes.
- The GIF should consist of short looping film and a text communicating the message.
- We are looking for GIFs that are funny or evokes some kind of strong emotion.
- The GIF cannot include sex, drugs, violence, children or politics.
- You can not use material from a movie or tv-show that has copyright of its own.
- Since we will be using the GIFs as advertising we have to have full copyright of the material you use. This means that you either have to record the material for your GIF yourself, or use footage from a source that is either free or where you have purchased the copyright. This means you cannot use premade GIFs that you don’t own the copyright for.
- If you include and put focus on shoes in the GIF, it has to be shoes that we are selling on our website www.footway.com.
Here are some examples of the kind of GIFs we are looking for:
[login to view URL] - with for ex the text “Buying new shoes”
[login to view URL] - with for ex the text “Need to buy new shoes?”
[login to view URL] - with for ex the text “Don’t forget to tie your training shoes”
[login to view URL] - with for ex the text “Tying your shoes like a boss”
Unlike these examples, in your GIFs we want you to write out the text on the GIF, like this:
[login to view URL]
Ratio: 1:1 (1080x1080 px)
Frame rate: 30fps
Video length: 5-10 seconds
Video: H.264 video compression, high profile preferred, square pixels, fixed frame rate, progressive scan
Format: .mp4 container ideally with leading moov atom, no edit lists
We will choose one winner of the contest that will receive the prize of 400$. Apart from the winner we will select additional GIFs that we will reward with 100$ each.
We have very limited capacity to answer any questions or give individual feedback during the contest.
We are going to create 10 videos/week the coming months, so we are actively looking for freelancers doing high quality work to collaborate with on a long-term basis.
We are really looking forward to working with you, good luck!
“Brilliant designs! ”