Natural Health Sherpa is an online health publishing company specializing in health and fitness programs targeted to adults 35-65. We produce high-end fitness & health programs (video and printed material) along with video sales letters to promote our products.
We need an experienced video art director who can help us improve the efficiencies of the creative process, sourcing video and image assets that will be used during video post-production of our promotional materials.
This role includes:
1) Developing clear creative templates for video frames (i.e. styles, fonts, colors…etc., appropriate for our audience). These may be PSDs, power point or keynote.
2) Sourcing video broll using in our final video that tells the story from our video script.
3) Sourcing stock images both for video and written sales letters.
4) Designing custom images or working with our contracted designers to get images developed.
This will not be a full-time hire. We are looking for someone who can jump into a project aggressively and sprint with us to get everything done according to our schedule.
While this isn’t a full-time hire, this could likely be a great long-term contract for you.
We have a lot of product funnel projects in the pipe-line. That means we have many individual product videos to design along with new programs that are in the production schedule. At this stage in the game, we can likely keep you busy so we need someone who is able to be flexible, but with enough notice provide us their full attention.
A standard marketing funnel includes a 45-60 minute product video along with 3-4 upsell videos that are 12-15 minutes in length.
1) If you only have a few hours a week to spare, don’t bid on this project. We need someone who can sprint with us for a few weeks at a time.
2) If you have other seasonal clients that occupy your attention for 1-2 months at a time and you won’t be available to us, please don’t bid on this project.
3) If you have a full-time job and work on projects in the evening, don’t bid on this project. When were in the thick of a project, we’ll need to work with you during normal business hours (EST) and we’ll ask you to join our daily 1pm EST 15-20 team video conferencing calls.
4) We only want U.S. based applicants.
Requirements for Being Considered
1) Tell us about your video experience?
o How many years have you worked as a video art director?
o Tell us about some of the projects you’ve worked on.
o Please direct us to your best work, where you sourced Broll and stock images to tell the story of the script.
2) Clear Video Art Director Experience – If you can provide us an outline of how you attack a project, that would be helpful. We’re looking for someone with a logical approach to attacking a project. The key for us is to improve the efficiency of our creative process.
3) Experience in the health industry isn’t required, but if you have any videos in your reel that pertain to the health market, that would be good to point out to us.
4) Previous experience working with a post-production team.
o Please let us know your art direction experience?
o What roles did you have? How broad is your experience?
o Do you have agency experience? If so, what accounts did you work on, what was your role and what were your specialties?
o As an art director, how deep is your experience? Beside video art direction, what other competencies do you have?
5) A portfolio of videos – Please link to your best work. I’d prefer to see work that you worked on solely, not collaborative work. We’re you the ONLY one that sourced creative material, if no, please identify what other team members did and what your role was.
6) What is your availability? Do you have any current projects or contracts you’re working on that may limit your time?